Contra-invoice from linked supplier - use rebilled nominal codes

I have a linked supplier that is rebilling expenses to us. The expenses are a combination of a meal, travel, hotel and subsistence categories. The rebill was contra tagged - so that categories would stay as defined.
The mapped invoice only shows “General Purchases”. Is there an explanation to this?
Am I doing something wrong? I can provide the mapped invoice no if required.

Hi @gjwguk

The way linked invoices work at present is it will always set the nominal to the default for that supplier. This is because the purchase nominal codes don’t necessarily match up to the sales nominal codes, for example, a sales invoice may be set up for “General Sales”, but in reality, it could be a mixture of printing, advertising and general purchases (all of which aren’t available for sales invoices by default).

I understand your point regarding the contra-invoicing, but this has never been supported. However, I’ve amended your thread title slightly and moved it to the #feature category, and we can certainly consider it for a future update.

If this #feature is not likely to happen in the near future, is there a practical way for our head coach to prepare and submit rebilled expenses with specific categories. I have managed to arrange for time sheets to be submitted by a linked account and this works well other than the categories are “General Sales”.

I can’t say for certain if or when this feature will be implemented. I know are our team are working on other areas at the moment. But generally speaking, features with higher interest from (and therefore greater benefit for) the QuickFile community, are investigated further and then implemented if it’s feasible to do so.

I would however encourage any other user on the forum who thinks this could benefit them to add their comments to support this feature.

The only way to send data between two accounts automatically at present is the way you’ve done it. As I mentioned above, the purchase categories don’t necessarily match up with the sales categories so it will always set them to the suppliers default nominal category.

Do you have many suppliers that would be supplying data in this way? It could be changed perhaps with a custom app using our API. If you have a web developer, they may be able to help with this and build something custom for you, or alternatively, you can contact a developer from within your account (let me know if you want to explore this more and I’ll provide more details).