Copy paste dates from previous invoices

Hi is there any way to copy and paste dates from one invoice to another, as this would save me a lot of time. I have to repeat dates multiple times into the item column.

Thanks Guys

Hello @Frosty17

You can copy an invoice by clicking on the status label (e.g. “SEND”, “PART PAID”, etc.) and select Make a Copy, or from the invoice itself go to More Options >> Make a copy.

This will create a new invoice for you but all the details will be the same as the original.

Yeah, It would be great though when you have to input same dates on numerous invoices just to click paste with the new dates.
I wonder if QF can make that an option. The software is so good and this would make it FABULOUS!

We can certainly consider this as a future development, although I just want to clarify - are you looking for an option to copy the item/time lines from another invoice into a new one?

Do you have an example use case for this where the “copy invoice” option wouldn’t be suitable? If we understand the situation better, it helps other users who are looking for a similar feature, and helps us understand how you would expect it to work too.

When you do that most of the details are copied over but the date of the new one is set to today.

Apologies if I’m not on the same wavelength here, but my understanding was @Frosty17 needed the item names to be the same, rather than the issue date:

Hi Mathew,
Yes, so as a therapist I might see 15 clients on say a Thursday each week. As part of a group session.I have to invoice them all separately so for instance on the item(date) column let’s say it was this month 6/13/20/27 July to copy those four dates and paste it into each group member would be amazing. The next step up from that would be alto generate the next months dates based on days of the week ie those wednesdays in July auto generating the next months wednesdays which you could just review and send with the updated invoice number.
Ps I love the software and hope to make use of your end of year section this year.

Thanks Mathew

So I use the item column to record dates working with people. I see the same clients each week on the same days for the same duration.
Hope that clarifies it a bit .
Thanks guys

If you’re just copying the items from one invoice to another, the “Copy Invoice” option I mentioned above should do the trick. As @ian_roberts mentions, this creates an exact copy of the original with an updated invoice number, excluding the issue date. You would simply need to change the client the invoice is for.

Let me know if that works for you?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.