Correct already paid salary

By mistake have tagged £3000 salary in December 2017. The real net salary was 2721.62, so I understand the difference I should put as directors loan, to correct end of year report that I have to submit soon with correct amount of salary paid. It doesn’t allow me to detag transaction, it says me to correct in journal, how to do it?
Thanks,

Do I need to rollback VAT return to do it?
I understand it doesn’t have impact as salary, directors’ loan account doesn’t enter in VAT return.
Is it allowed to do it as it is submitted as MTD?
Thanks,

If you don’t have “post net wages to balance sheet only” turned on in your account settings then when you tag a bank transaction as salary it actually creates a journal in the background. You then can’t change the tag but you can edit the journal via reports -> journals.

Find the right dated journal entry and you should be able to reduce the “gross salary” or “director salary” debit line by the appropriate amount and add an extra line debiting the same to director’s loan to make it balance.

2 Likes

Is there any update?
Can I rollback VAT return to correct paid salaries?
I understand it doesn’t have impact as salary, directors’ loan account doesn’t enter in VAT return.
Is it allowed to do it as it is submitted as MTD?
Thanks,

Hi @dan.l,

You should be able to do it without rolling back the VAT return, as the transaction involved isn’t included in the VAT return so shouldn’t be locked.

Have you tried doing what @ian_roberts suggested with editing the journal?

Hi, can you explain me how to do it?
For example on 13/03/2018 have paid salary from current account 1,385.28, and on same date I paid from current account Directors Loan 1,500.00.
Reported salary threw PAYE was 2.885,00.
How to correct salary in Journal to 2.885,00?
Once corrected should I delete patment of Directors Loan of 1,500.00.in Loan account statement?

hi @dan.l,

If you go to Reports > Journals then pick which journal it is you want to edit. You can then overtype the figures and click save.