Create a copy of an invoice

Hi guys,
how are you?
Can you please advise me how to create a copy of an invoice to be send to another client? I have had this enquiry so many times and always do a print screen but that doesn’t look professional.
Thanks million
Blanka

Hi @Blanka73

We’re all good - thanks for asking! :slight_smile:

If you want to create a copy for a completely different client, you can click on the status badge (“SENT”, “PAID”, etc.), and click “Make a copy”.

This will take you to the editing screen where you can then edit any entries you wish.

I hope that helps!

Thank you so much for a speedy answer :slight_smile: , I am going to do it now and will get back if anything…if ok.
Thanks again

1 Like

Hi there again,
I have created a copy of the invoice but now it is showing that it needs to be paid. It has already been paid. If I tag it as paid, will it not create a mess in my books as an outstanding invoice?
Thank you
Blanka

Apologies, maybe I’ve misunderstood your original query.

Did you want to create a copy of the invoice for a completely different client (but same items and prices etc.), or did you just want to send the same client a copy of an existing invoice?

I needed to send a copy to a completely different client, same item and price.

That’s OK then.

So “Create a copy” creates a brand new invoice, but with the same details as the one you copied from.

All new invoices, by default start as “DRAFT”, and then when it’s marked as sent, it will show it as the balance being due. From here on, you can treat it as any other invoice. If it’s been paid, tag it as you normally would.

Does that makes sense?

I have tagged it now. Thank you

So now if I need to send a copy of an invoice to a different client than originally sent to, shall I do the same thing again or is there another way?

one more thing sorry, it is showing the invoice twice now as if it has been issued and paid twice. once sent to the other client, can i just delete it and keep the original version?

If it’s for a completely different client, then creating a copy would work.

If you’re re-sending an existing invoice to a client, you can just use the “Send” option within the invoice preview itself.

If you’ve issued two invoices to two different clients, that would be correct. Is this not the case?

Ok, I will deleted the copy of the invoice then so it doesn’t show the same invoice twice. I am not entirely sure if I’ve done the correct thing here. I must run out now, but I will write to you a bit later if ok, just to make sure it’s all correct. Thanks for now

If the copy for the other person is for information only, I add the emIl of that person to the client details page there is an option to add another ems at the bottom then I go to send invoice on the original and add the new person and if necessary take out the original sender. E.g. finnce CEO and in my case funder. They can be cc or sent direct only to thT person. You then dont have another new invoice. Hope it makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.