Creating a remittance advice

Hi there QF Community.

I have been so frustrated since I have begun ti use QF and have spent hours and hours in a busy schedule to try to figure out a way to send a Remittance Advice to suppliers upon payment of their invoice. Am I correct in thinking this was forgotten about when creating QF? This is one of the most basic necessities a small business has yet the only ways I can understand to create one are all long winded and painful? I need to do dozens of these a week and from what I can tell with the present method this would add hours a week to my workload just to send some Remittance Advices? This seems completely ludicrous!!!

I hope i am just missing something here and that someone here can guide me on the correct way to create and send a remittance advice. There are 2 scenarios.

Firstly I need to send remittance advices for invoice that are already marked as paid. From my understanding there is no really way to do this and I effectively have to go and download a copy of the ‘expense/supplier invoice’ from QF, save this and then create a new email in my email software, type in all the text on my own and attach the downloaded file and the send this to them?

Thats crazy!!!

I believe there might be another way if the bill has not yet been marked as ‘Paid’ through the ‘log payment’ button. However this route still seems incredibly cumbersome.

I do now have many ‘paid’ bills as such so look like I’m in for a long night of creating Remittance Advices.

I was using Xero prior to QF and in xero the second you mark the ‘bill/supplier’ invoice as being paid an pre filled template email appears to send a remittance advice for which all I had to do was press the send butting, taking the best part of a second to do. Why does it seem so complicated in QF?

I really have to be missing something here?

Thanks in advance

Are you not making extra work for yourself, if you are sending payments via bank transfer then I would assume that you to put your account details as part of the transfer through your bank. The only reason why you should need to advise a supplier of where payments are for allocation is when you are withholding payment on a particular item that is in dispute. The majority of the time paying your suppliers should be straightforward and not require additional corrrespondence after issuing a remittance.

Hi @Wingman

QuickFile works in a similar way to this. When you tag a payment to an invoice, or use the “Log Payment” option, we do give you the option to send a confirmation email, providing you have an email address saved for that supplier:

However, the email template wouldn’t show here, but you can customise it under Account Settings >> Routine Emails

1 Like