Creating report for profit loss

Apologies this is probably a really obvious thing to do, but I dont seem to be able to find it.

I want to basically have a report that shows if im in profit or loss on our hosting/server costs. We obviously pay our supplier for the servers and this is attributed to 7506 hosting fees. When we bill our customers the income goes into 4906 Webhosting.

What I want to do is basically a profit/loss across these two nominal accounts, but that doesnt seem possible. I know I could do this with projects, but projects are only on a per invoice basis and both our supplier and customer invoices/receipts have other things on them, that would not come under the project tag for the whole invoice.

Really I just want to know how much has come in, and how much has gone out and where we are at this point in time.

Thanks
Paul

Please have a look at Reports>Custom Reports. You can pick 4906-7506 in formula, save report and preview it with date range

2 Likes

It would probably be plus rather than minus as one is credit and the other debit.

2 Likes

Yes you are right Ian, example shows otherwise

1 Like

Just to add to the above, if you have invoices for just hosting and the server(s), project tags may also be helpful. These can be added in bulk for existing invoices:

Projects in QuickFile

Thanks, I had tried the custom report but it didnt really show me what im after. Its probably just i want something the system cant do. I guess i wanted the profit and loss table that appears for projects, but to be able to choose what goes into it.

Thanks QF support, but the invoices/recipts always contain other items which are not related to the hosting and likewise our server provider charges us for email and other servers which I dont want to include, otherwise that would be the ideal thing to use. Be good if we could tag individual lines/costings to a project, but its probably not a general request that would benefit most.

Depending on the size of these invoices, we do offer the option to adjust the project figures (both cash and invoice totals): New Project Adjustments. I’m not sure if this would help, but may be worth a look.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.