Credit note against sales invoice in different currency and bad debt

Hi,

I am creating the credit note against the sales invoice in different currency than original. The invoice was in EURO but I want the credit note in GBP. Is there any way where I can do this?

Secondly, I want to mark an invoice as a bad debt but i get a popup saying ‘undefined’. Could you please check?

Thanks
Kuntal

Hi @kuntal

You’re not able to do this I’m afraid. You should be able to create a negative value invoice however, which would have the same effect, except it wouldn’t be tied to an original invoice nor can you hold funds on your account. A refund transaction would be created as a result.

At what stage are you seeing this error? Would you be able to provide me with some steps so I can try to reproduce this please?

Thanks for your response.

I am trying in one of the invoices. I opened the invoice, Selected ‘More options, and selected Mark as Bad Debt, selected the effective date and then clicked on Write Off Invoice’.

I am attaching the screenshot of the same. Please advise.
error

Thanks
Kuntal

Thanks for the details. I’ve referred this to a developer to investigate and will update you when I hear back.

Hi,

Is there any update on this? I need to apply bad debts.

Thanks
Kuntal

@kuntal - I’ve been informed that this should be fixed. Would you kindly try again and let us know if this is now working for you?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.