Credit Note for a customer - Options

Has this issue been resolved yet? (Customer Credit notes (this time for a change))

I follow the instructions but do not get the option to save the credit on client account account as per the first screen shot on the above support request above. It justs asks me to select which account I want to refund from and what is the refund method.

Can I get the option to hold on client account?

Hello @MKP

It is possible to hold on account when deriving a credit note from a paid invoice, but not when creating an ad hoc credit note (a “new invoice” whose value is negative).

You can also add a prepayment onto a clients account from the client detail screen

Steve don’t know which is correct but I remembered seeing this before, glad I could find it again. Beth said you were testing this type of credit note but I don’t know if she meant sales or purchase. The ay it’s worded is a bit confusing. Here the link anyway Hold funds on client account option on credit notes - #3 by QFBeth

Hello @daithespark

Supplier (purchase) credits give both options.

On the sales side for clients, it is possible to hold on account when deriving a credit note from a paid invoice,

You can not Hold funds on account when creating an ad hoc credit note (a “new invoice” whose value is negative).

Why is it not possible to have this function on the customer side?

Hi @MKP

Apologies for the confusion. The link @daithespark referred to above does relate to the test for purchases rather than sales.

At this time, it’s only available for purchase invoices on accounts enrolled in the testing. I have however asked our development team for a timescale on rolling this out to all users.

Once we’re satisfied that this works as expected on purchase invoices, we can take a look at the sales side too.

For the time being, you’ll need to use the workaround for the time being.

We will, of course, keep you updated, and let you know if and when the client side is updated.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.