Credit Note Hell

Every time I get a credit note from a supplier, my heart sinks as I always have to process it in an unsatisfactory manner. If the credit note is linked and has the same total as an invoice I have not paid, this is fine but any other scenario is frankly the worst thing about quickfile. We are often issued credit notes for invoices that have already been paid so where is the facility for this? Also sometimes we get credit notes for part of an invoice and I can’t find a way to process this either. I have read the various instructions posted by the accounting department at quickfile but frankly I find it all very confusing. If I do actually manage to post a credit note and include it in the running total of a group of invoices to be paid, the system alerts me that there is a credit note in the total and then takes it off, which makes the total more than it should be. I then have to go into the current account section and manually take the credit off the payment which I then post to adjustments - with an explanation for my accountant.

I see that quickfile don’t intend to rectify this any time soon and as it is a scenario that I have do deal with almost every month, I am thinking about looking for accounting software that is more efficient in this respect.

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Supplier Credit Notes aka Treat them like an invoice