Credit Purchase Invoices creating bank account credit

Hi,

We trade on Just Eat, when you sign up they send an invoice for the sign up fee, any card payments received are deducted from the total (minus commission, vat etc) until you reach a zero balance and then after that the payments are physically credited to a bank account.

I raised the initial invoice as a purchase invoice but now I’m stuck as when I’ve completed my next one it’s a credit, I want it to deduct from the original invoice but its wanting to raise a credit in a bank account.

I really want to put it through as a purchase invoice so I can split sales/admin fees/commission etc to the correct nominal.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can achieve this? I feel like I must be missing something really simple!

Thanks,

Annie

I’d treat it the same as any other merchant account - create a “just eat holding account” in QuickFile, and mark the initial sign up invoice as a purchase paid from there. When you make sales through just eat mark the sales invoices as paid in full into the same account, any card fees as paid out of that account, and once they start sending you settlement funds then those are simply transfers from the just eat holding account to your current account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.