CSV / import invoice

Hi,

We are currently using a new system for timesheets which creates a pdf invoice. We then have to duplicate the invoice on quickfile. I know that you can import them from a CSV file and have spoken to the developers of our other programme to ask them to do this. They have asked me for a screenshot of what the CSV file looks like. Is it just an excel spreadsheet with certain columns that need to be listed ie. Client, Total Amount etc.?

Is an excel spreadsheet already in CSV format or is this something I need to ask the developers of our other software to do?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Samantha

Hi @Penns

You may wish to refer your developers to this guide which has a breakdown of the supported fields for the invoice: Importing sales and purchase invoices

An Excel spreadsheet isn’t by default a CSV format, but it can be saved as one. When viewing the file, if you go to File >> Save As, you can then select “.csv” as the file format.

However, if you’re asking your developers to make some changes, perhaps it’s worth looking at the option of linking your account with our API, which could do this process automatically for you. More info here: https://api.quickfile.co.uk

Are these sales or purchase invoices? If they’re sales invoices, there may be another way to do it too.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.