Custom P&L and Balance Sheet Repprts

Hi,
I am looking to implement a custom Profit and Loss Report and a custom Balance Sheet report.
Our current year end procedures involve sending the standard P&L and B/S reports (PDF & CSV formats) to our accountant who then prepares a report for submission to Companies House and HMRC.This latter process involves rationalising (i.e summarising) various nominal amounts into total generic nominals. This report provides a current and previous year for comparison however P&L is on one page and elements of the B/S are over several pages.
Subsequent to that we then prepare a two page combined P&L and B/S report for our members where compromises on level of detail between the QF standard reports and the Accountants reports are made to fit the format and level of detail. The previous year data is populated by merely copy/paste operation. There is no need to attempt reprocessing of the previous years data.

I am quite comfortable with building the members versions of the reports from the standard QF data however there are one or two technical issues. I have identified the the Chart of Accounts CSV format download which will help me overcome these issues.
The next challenge is:
How to ‘parse’ the three value columns (Depreciation, Debit, Credit) to one value explicitly arithmetically signed for its use directly in the report?
The value of using the Chart of Accounts data in full is that it will only change the number of entries (i.e rows) if I add or remove a user defined nominal account or if QF do. Other wise everything stays in the position year on year.
Thanks Nigel

HI,
Maybe the Trial Balance data export is the best source?
Regards,
Nigel

Hi,
The Trial Balance data did the job plus the data handling technicalities have been overcome.
Sorry if anyone is still challenging themselves with this issue.
Regards,
Nigel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.