Customer paid a single sum for two accounts

Hi,

A customer of mine has two properties and wanted separate invoices for the work we did at two properties but then proceeded to make a single payment. How do I split the payment and apply it to the relevant invoices.

Thanks

I think I worked it out. I split the transaction by creating two new ones and deleted the original one?

Easiest method is to make a note of the date and total amount…delete that entry in the bank account and then add the two separate entries using the same date. The two individual entries will then equal the original amount banked and you can tag these back to the invoices.

If it’s two invoices for the same “client” in QuickFile terms then:

• if you’re recording the payment via bank tagging then “payment from a customer” → “pay down multiple invoices”, enter the client name and you’ll get a list of all their unpaid or part paid invoices to select from
  • if you would normally record the payment using “log payment” on a single invoice then instead start from the list of all sales and filter by client (or go to the individual client’s summary page and view all invoices from there), tick the checkboxes in the left column for the invoices you want to pay, then there should be an option at the top to pay the selected invoices. One of the options under that is to create one payment to cover all the invoices.

If they’re different QuickFile clients then the only option is to split it into two separate payments or use a holding account (pay the two invoices separately into a spare bank account like director’s loan, then tag the money in on your current account as a transfer from the same spare account to balance it off).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.