Customers not receiving estimates

sometimes when sending out estimates by email to customers from Quickfile they are not receiving them.
have cc it to myself & i recieve them
Any ideas?

Hi @Daza1001

Are you using your own SMTP servers, or QuickFile’s?
Are you using the default QuickFile email address, or your own to send them?

How do i check this?

Normally you would have set this up. But you can check it using these options.

Are you using your own SMTP servers or QuickFile’s?
If you go to Account Settings > 3rd Party Integration > SMTP Settings
This will show either as activated, or will ask you to enter details (username, password etc.)

Are you using the default QuickFile email address, or your own to send them?
This would be found under Account Settings > Routine Emails. At the bottom of the page, there’s a box for your email address. By default, this is a no-reply email address for QuickFile.

[Edit]
I’ve found your account on our system and just checked this for you. You’re not using your own SMTP server and you are using your own email address - which is likely to be the cause of the problem.

To try and keep it short (and hopefully simple), because you’re not sending an email from a quickfile.co.uk email address, some email providers reject the mail because they can’t guarentee that it’s authentic.

There are some options, but based on your email address you’re using, your best bet is to either set up the SMTP settings, or use the default noreply@quickfile.co.uk email address. I’m more than happy to help you either way, but it does depend on your email provider I’ve found some details for your email provider, so we can use the SMTP method if you still wish to use the email address on the account?

please can you do whatever you think is best & most reliable. thankyou

I’ll send you a private message now to get this set up for you. Look for a green notification in the top right hand corner

thanks for you help…

Hello,

It now says:

The operation has timed out.
More Details Your SMTP server did not reply in a timely fashion. Please ensure the port number is correct and any firewall on the SMTP server is allowing outside access.

Hi @Daza1001

Am I correct in thinking Blueyonder uses Google Mail as their email provider? If you’re unsure, at the bottom of your email inbox, it’s likely to say something along the lines of “Copyright Google”

Blueyonder is Virgin

Thanks

I’ve just taken a look at the settings for your account and noticed the username is incorrect - it needs to be the full email address.

Here are the full details taken from Virgin Media’s site:

Manual configuration settings for email
SMTP server name
smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

SMTP SSL
Enabled

SMTP port

SMTP username
Full email address, e.g., richard.branson@blueyonder.co.uk

Password:
The password for that email address

Hello,

Still not working correctly. When i input my email password that is 5 letters it automatically changes to 6 letters.

It also still says:
The operation has timed out.
More Details Your SMTP server did not reply in a timely fashion. Please ensure the port number is correct and any firewall on the SMTP server is allowing outside access.

I have recieved an email from yourselves
stevensonpropertyservices@blueyonder.co.uk Error: An invalid character was found in the mail header: ‘.’.
Not sure what this means

I have switched my firewall off to try that also

Thanks

For starters I would strongly recommend you change this password to something longer and more complex! A 5 character password is very insecure by today’s standards, even more so when all five characters are letters, and you’ve told everyone your email address (with a domain name that tells us who your provider is) so any potential hacker has all the information needed to brute-force your password in less than a day…

1 Like

I don’t see any changes in your credentials from when it was working last week. Did you recently change your password?

Perhaps also have a word with Blue Yonder, they may have but some precautionary block on our IP. That’s often the case if you see a timeout response, that or the host name / port number is wrong, however given that it was working last week I suspect that’s not the case.

This error indicates that an email address you sent to had an invalid character. I do see a client on your account with an email address that starts with a decimal point. I will send you a private message with those details so you can update it.