HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Data analysis nominal codes and tags

Hi,
We are trying to analyse the data of our purchase invoices to tidy up project tagging prior to analysing the projects. The report I need is all un-tagged General Purchases.

Is it possible to run a report or export data that includes the nominal code or category of a purchase as well as it’s tag, and preferably also info such as supplier, date, invoices description?
On the ‘show all purchases’ page I have exported all the data (50 lines at a time is quite limiting too by the way) and it has the tags and everything is good but no nominal code or category. Am I missing something? In the reports under chart of accounts I can get all invoices under General Purchases but not the tags data.
I don’t want to waste time trying to find/create a report that isn’t technically possible.

Thanks
Susie

The problem is that one purchase can be split across more than one nominal code (e.g. from Makro I buy mostly general purchases - goods for sale - but occasionally stationery as well - thermal rolls for the card machine), so “the” nominal code for a purchase isn’t necessarily well defined. You’ll probably have to cross reference in Excel or similar between the nominal ledger export and the purchases export.

thank you @ian_roberts, will give that a go in excel. Appreciate the advice.
Susie

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.