Data export to Accountant

May I know how I can export the data from QuckFile to my accountant?

What data are they asking for? Do they want a full dump of all your individual nominal transactions or just your P&L, balance sheet and/or trial balance reports for the relevant year end date?

The simplest approach is to create a “team member” login for the accountant so they can log in to QuickFile themselves and pull out exactly what they need, but not all accountants are willing to do this and it’s a bit of a pain if you’ve enabled two factor authentication on your account.

I would give them a copy of the trial balance initially, and perhaps aged debtors and aged creditors. If you run the trial balance report, there is an option at the top left to “Export to csv”. This will give opening balances, movement in the period and closing balances. There is a similar option to export data on both the aged debtors and aged creditors reports.
This should do to begin with. if they need more detail, they can ask you for a download of specific accounts. From the TB, you then just click on the account number in the LH column, which gives you all the detailed transactions, and again there is a button to “Export data”.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.