DD initiation indicator on due invoice

When using the client list of unpaid invoices it would be rather useful if there was an indicator to show that a DD collection had been started to collect the payment.

There is a risk of collecting payment more than once

Hi @Howard

Thank you for your suggestion.

We can certainly consider this. At present we do show a banner along the top of the invoice when you view it, and also in the direct debit report (under Reports >> All Reports).

We’ll leave this thread open for others to add their vote and comments.

Hi, I think the existing banners are useful after the DD has been initiated but not when looking for unpaid invoices to collect on DD.

I would like to be able to view unpaid invoices on the client info sheet or All Invoices listing and see if I can collect payments via arranged DD’s.

At present there is no indication that a DD has been initiated so its possible to duplicate a DD collection for the same invoice - unless there is some check you have that stops this?

it would be good to be able to see from invoice management, (money owed to me)
that any invoices that had been DD initialized, so not to chase as they are coming in
i do a fair few recurring invoices, which all collected by DD

Yes, we second that. It would be a great help to know that the DD collection has been initiated.

Yes, I think that would be really useful

I also think it would be useful. When looking at the invoice list it is easy to think you forgot to request payment until you actually open the invoice.

I agree that the DD status should be displayed on the invoice management screen.

Another vote for this

any update on this, as quite awkward when doing credit control

There are no updates at the moment, but we will be sure to let you know if there are any changes here.

@Howard, @jpitsolutions, @rudolph, @Healthpay, @jeaston, @Rex, @BBK

We’ve just added a new option in the Sales Management area that will highlight all invoices with active (in-process) Direct Debits.

If you select this option it will place a red highlight on all invoices in the list that have an active Direct Debit.

Been waiting for the indicator for sometime…Thanks very much
Unfortunately the indicator only works on the first page (first 50). It does not work on the subsequent pages.
Can you please check my observation are right?

That’s brilliant thank you. I am also finding that it doesn’t work on any change of page, until you view an invoice and then go back, then it works.

Another observation which maybe significant. It appears that if the DD has a status of “Submitted” but has not been “Paid out” it does not show. From my point of view until the flags are “Confirmed” and “Paid out” then that when the indicator should not show.

Yes I’m sorry, there’s an issue with paging at the moment. I’ve escalated this and we should have a fix shortly.

I’ve also asked for the filtering to be extended to cover those payments that are marked as paid, but not physically paid out.

UPDATE:

Those two issues have now been addressed. Please would you kindly recheck?

Checked - Works well. Will be most useful. Thanks

1 Like