Deferred VAT - corporation tax

So I have deferred my VAT and will therefore show that the VAT is a debt to HMRC in my company accounts. How is this being handled by HMRC in terms of corporation tax?

How is this related to QF?

This is in the general accounting area? Is this wrong?

“Any accounting related questions should be posted under this category. Quick File are not able to offer dedicated accounting advice here but we will try to provide general guidance where possible.”

Hi @des.ward,

The accounting area is for accounting queries related to QuickFile, unfortunately we aren’t able to offer accounting advice. For this query you would be best to speak to an accountant. Once you have got the correct advice we can then help you on how to enter this into QuickFile.

You may find that one of the accountants that post on the forum are happy to offer you advice but its better not to expect an answer as it can’t be guaranteed.

Hope this makes sense?

That’s fine, can you delete it as I can’t? :frowning:

Hi @des.ward,

It might be worth keeping the post here for a little while as you may get the answer you are looking for from another user. However if you do want it deleted then I can do this for you :slight_smile:

Vat and CT both will be shown as liability on balance sheet no direct connection between them as such. That is it for now

1 Like

When you create your CT liability at year end it will stay on the balance sheet as a debt until it is paid.

That’s the quickfile accounting answer.

With regards to how hmrc will treat it, that’s an answer for your accountant.

1 Like

Your VAT liability has no bearing on your corporation tax.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.