Deleting Bank accounts

I added my bank accounts to QF, but now discover that I cannot delete them.
The accounts show multiple entries of the same item, and don’t relate to my actual account.
I’m not sure what the point of them is, but I want to delete them and can’t see any option to do this.

If there are multiple entries of the same type and amount then you are somehow entering some information multiple times. The point of them is that they accurately show your actual bank account, either by manual or automatic creation of entries (which they do for most people using Quickfile). Different bank accounts work in different ways (current, credit card, merchant accounts etc) but it sounds like you are not using the bank accounts correctly.

You can delete them if you want though, as there is an option to delete all but the default current account. I would urge you to learn how to use Quickfile rather than complain about it not working when it it in fact does. Do you use banking feeds, how do you usually log/tag payments etc, is it all or some entries that are multiplied?

Hi @Bruno_Romanelli,

Further to this - There are accounts set up for you as default to give you a guide but you are not required to use them - They can sit there with a £0 balance and will not interfere with what you are actually using.

If you have duplicate transactions you can easily delete these.

Ok, there’s no need to be rude.
The software has added both my accounts as default current accounts so it can’t just be me!

Thank you, I’ve deleted the duplicate transactions, I just don’t see the point of this feature as it doesn’t relate to my actual bank account and I have no option to delete them now even tho I could have not added them in the first place.

I’m sorry you thought I was being rude.

My point was, you kept saying you don’t see the point of the bank accounts so I was trying to explain the point of them. I can assure you they work perfectly well if you use them correctly, mine has been in use for 5 or more years now and is 100% accurate. I was merely asking you what the exact problem was so you could have yours be 100% accurate too.

There is only one default account in Quickfile and it can only be linked to one bank account if you use the feed so I think there may be some misunderstanding of terminology somewhere.

Can you direct me to a link that will explain how to use this feature then because at the moment the account that is default shows no feeds and the other which does cannot be deleted either even though it is not the default account.

Hi @Bruno_Romanelli

If it’s the default current account that came with QuickFile (nominal code 1200), then this one can’t be deleted, only hidden.

If it’s an additional current account that you’ve created, please let us know what error(s) you’re seeing and we’ll try to assist you with this.

Hi Matthew
So I added two nat west accounts but they are neither of them deletable.

Just to confirm -

• Is the account your trying to delete the current account that we created when you opened your QuickFile account (nominal code 1200)?
  • If not, does the account have any transactions in it?

No, it’s the two nat West ones that I created. One has entries the other does not

One has a nominal code of 1200 the other 1203

The one with code 1200 is not the default account tho

The account with nominal 1200 is the QuickFile default - this one cannot be deleted.

The one with nominal 1203 can be deleted from the bank overview screen providing there are no transactions in it and it’s not the default bank account.

This is totally and utterly confusing.
The default account is a Nat West account that I set up and has the code 1200, I don’t know why, it just does, but if it’s the default account why does it have my nat West Details.?
Also, this doesn’t have any entries but because it is default it can’t be deleted.
The account that does have entries but isn’t my default account can’t be deleted because it has entries?
So basically, I’ve added two accounts neither of which I want on this site but cannot be deleted. What a great bit of software this is.

I’m sorry to hear about your frustration with this, but we’ll help as much as we can.

The current account that’s created with your QuickFile account is part of the core system and used throughout, like many of the nominal codes (which is essentially all a bank account is). This is why it can’t be deleted. Likewise, if it’s not this account but has entries in it, deleting the account can have an an adverse effect.

I will certainly send you a private message so we can take a closer look at this for you and we can then confirm the exact situation in relation to your account. Keep an eye out for a green notification in the top right corner, and we’ll take a look for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.