I thought I would be clever and reverse a Dividend payment previously made and use your new dividend feature…
I unwittingly deleted a related journal entry to my payment instead of reversing it. I then spent several hours trying to find a way to rectify and or complete which has now got me in a right mess.
Can you delete my last days activity (28/06/20) ?
Unfortunately this isn’t something that we’re able to do.
If you could let us know a bit more about the issues you’re having, perhaps we can help guide you to correcting these?
I’m in the habit of sending my pay and expenses to the Directors Loan account. I’ve been doing this with my annual dividend. then at the end of the month transfer a lump some to my personal bank acc.
I applied my dividend using a journal on 31/5. Last Sunday on seeing the new Dividend feature I decided to remove my entries and use the new method.
I deleted the journal and after deleting the bank entry realised I should have detagged it and then I also realised I should have reversed the journal. A moment of stupidity…
I then spent several hours trying to get back to where it was before I meddled.
Currently the the Dividend payment is in place and tagged to the £2000 bank transfer on the 31/5 (current acc).
There is a balance of £2000 in the Directors Loan acc which should be zero.
Help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Apologies for the delayed reply - this thread seems to have slipped off my radar!
Is it just the DLA that’s not correct or is the current account also out?
If it’s the current account too, the first thing I would do is reconcile it to ensure the balance is accurate. That should hopefully put you in a good position to start to identify any issues elsewhere.
You can go ahead and input the dividend transactions as normal, and even tag them as a dividend payment. When you use the new tool, it will pick up on these transactions for you to select as part of the process.
Hope that helps somewhat, but let us know how it goes and we’ll try and help further.
No worries, I managed to resolve it. In my muddled attempt to sort it I unwittingly detagged another bank entry for the same amount. That entry was further down the page out of view. When I did find it and correct it - problem solved. I was unable to update you as the case had closed automatically.
All’s well that ends well