Direct Debit authorisation not picked up for single invoice

Hi there
I have a couple of clients where even though the direct debit mandate has been authorised… it’s not being picked up as auto-billing when creating a single invoice (though it is being picked up when creating recurring invoices). How do I fix this?

Hi @Neil

With a one-off invoice there isn’t a “auto-bill” option when creating the invoice, mainly because it could still be a draft invoice (and therefore can’t be billed).

However, once the invoice has been marked as sent, you can go to More Options and select Collect by Direct Debit.

If you have a few invoices that you need to do this from, you can also do it in bulk from the invoice list. You would just tick the ones you want to collect for and then More Options >> Collect By Direct Debit, and follow the instructions.

Hope that helps!

Thanks that’s great
I’ve tried collecting that way… there’s a 120 day payment term for the invoice but the direct debit calendar only goes to mid August… is there a way round this?

Thanks

The most advanced date you can request a payment by direct debit is 2 months unfortunately. In this case you would either need to do it closer to the time, or pick a closer date

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.