Direct debit not being collected on recurring invoice

Hi, I use recurring invoices with all my customers, and they’re all direct debit enabled. However, for one new customer although it says they’re direct debit enabled, the profile says ‘collect by direct debit’, I’m not receiving any money from them. I haven’t had any notifications that the money couldn’t be collected, it’s as though collection hasn’t even been attempted, and there isn’t an option to collect by direct debit manually when i look at the overdue invoice. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Abi

Hi @abi7

Does your client show as having an active direct debit? Is there anything showing in your direct debit report (Reports >> All Reports >> Direct Debit Report) for this invoice or client?

Does everything look OK on your GoCardless account (e.g. no cancelled mandates or payments)?

yes, they’re showing up as having an active direct debit and when i go to the report you suggested, it says ‘created’ for each of the invoices they’ve been sent.

“Created” would suggest GoCardless have received the instruction to collect the money but haven’t yet requested it.

Let me send you a private message however so I can look at the specifics. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.