Discounts on purchases

Is it possible to get this on purchases - I have customers who offer 2½% discount for prompt payments. It’s a pain having to do a credit for each item

Thanks

Hi @Gail60

Can I just confirm where you’re looking to do this please, as you mentioned “purchases” but then also that you have customers. Do you mean suppliers?

If it is suppliers, do they list the discount on the invoice you receive?

Sorry i meant suppliers
They do not list the discount on any invoice or the statements
I have to work it our for mmyself

No problem! Thanks for confirming :slight_smile:

It’s not possible at the moment, but I’ve moved this to a #feature request. Anyone interested in this feature can now add their vote at the top.

What you can do to make life a bit easier is to add a negative value line to the invoice, rather than crediting it.

1 Like

Or use a holding account, so at the end of the month the holding account will have a balance of 2.5% which you can then just tag as discount in one go for the entire month rather than having to do anything multiple times.

2 Likes

This is similar to what I do – I do a credit note paid into a credit account. Then pay the invoices from the payment then the discounts from the credit note account. I have previously used sage & its much simpler to allocate the payment & discount at the same time