I’ve been trying out the Dividend feature which I’m fully aware is in Beta but that’s why I like to try to break these things
- I have two classes of share; Ord. & Pref.
- I have completed the Share Capital section in the Management Information with the two classes of share and the correct numbers of shares.
- I entered a dividend payment as a journal between 1201 Directors Loan & 3201 Dividends paid for each share type; two separate journals.
- I created a dividend voucher for Ord. shares; at this point it shows the two separate entries and I can select either one.
- I try to create the second voucher but the second journal no longer shows.
I tried deleting the the first voucher and once again both journals are available for selection. Choosing to create a voucher for the other journal results in the same issue.
It appears that all transactions are being tagged as done instead of each one separately.
a) When the voucher is created it inserts the Preference Share in the description and sets the amount of share to the total of shares and not to the total of shares in that class although it is possible to amend this information in the voucher share description.
b) There is no option to select which class of shares that the dividend is being paid for although it is possible to amend this information in the voucher share description.
It would be great to be able to complete the dividend voucher and journal all in one go/screen but that is a feature request which I’ll enter separately.
Thanks once again for continually adding these improvements to the product. Awesome!