Dividends from last year

Hi i have profit from last year 2022, and accounts was done with an amount of dividend issued, however I only took the dividend money out from bank account this year 2023, how do i tag the transaction and issue voucher? voucher issued the date of money left out of the bank (this year) or last year (if so any particular day ?) thanks

Hello @sinowayuk

voucher issued the date of money left out of the bank (this year)

This would be the best option to keep your bank correct…

Thanks steve, If issued the date left bank account ( this year), how can i treat it as dividend from the last years accounts?

Hello @sinowayuk

This is something I would recommend speaking to your accountant about as they can offer professional tailored advice.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/dividends/35864

How was the dividend treated i your 2022 accounts? Presumably it showed as an entry in the director’s loan account (assuming you’re also a director?) If this is the case, then you also tag the payment to the director’s loan account. The dividend was effectively “paid” at year-end, even though the cash hadn’t left the bank account, so the year-end is the date that you put on the dividend voucher.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.