Double entry with bank feed

Hi, I’ve just realised that we’ve caused double entry’s for the last few months, by creating purchases and sales plus tags which have already been automatically created by the bank feed.
Presumably we should be adding the tags to the automatic banking feed, and if so would these be automatically created in purchases/sales? Is there a way to globally delete all the double entry’s or do they have to manually deleted one by one?

Hi
Yes, the auto bank tagging rules creates invoices.

You’ll have to find and delete the duplicate entries manually. If you have just started using quickfile it is maybe easier to vipe the your bank account(s) and start fresh.

Hi,
Thank you very much for this. Unfortunately I’ve been using QuickFile for over a year, although we only connected the bank feed in October, so prior to that there were just a few doubles.
Can I please ask about how to log purchases which we’ve been doing when making an order and sales which we’ve been doing when sending an invoice? Is there any way to do this in advance without the bank feed then creating doubles, or is there another way of doing that?

Hi,
As far as I know when using the bank feed keep the created invoices marked as sent (not as paid). When the money entry arrives in your quickfile bank account via the bank feed, use the tag me button next to the bank account entry and pick the relevant invoice.

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.