Draft Invoice link now goes to preview screen not edit screen

I’ve recently noticed that when you need to add a line item to an invoice which is still in draft that you are now presented with a screen & have to hit modify invoice before you can add or edit the invoice. Is this a bug or is there a reason for this? It makes life a little more difficult than it used to be as we add orders to invoices that are then sent at the end of the calendar month.

I think this was perhaps changed recently but only on the client detail screen to my knowledge. I’d need to look at the reason but I believe some users expected it to go directly to the preview screen not to the edit screen.

We could possibly alter this if other users feel it would be best linking through to the edit screen. As it is now the behaviour matches all other invoice types.

Thanks Glenn,

As the invoice is in draft it would be logical that the default is edit mode as it’s a work in progress not the completed article so I’d really appreciate it if you could revert.

I’ve made a note on the development planner so this should get looked at shortly.