Dual Currency Account Feeds

Hi all,

I have recently setup an account (two in fact) with Starling Bank. I have my standard GBP account and an additional EUR account. I have activated the bank feeds as per the ‘How To’s’ and selected the correct account from the dropdown in the Feed Settings section for each account. All seems to be working fine, however after a day or so, the GBP account feed fails and my EUR feed and account within QF is showing my GBP transactions. These transactions then throw my balances out on the accounts.

Can anyone throw a little light on this? I found the following POST and followed @2sheds advise, but I’m still getting the same error.

Thanks in advance for any input,

Hi Burbuila,

It is maybe worth to delete the feeds and start again. As long as it was working did it work correctly - GBP to GBP and EUR to EUR with the right amounts?

Hi, thanks for the reply. This is a new startup, so we haven’t received any Euro payments as of yet, so I can’t confirm if that account was working. However it’s the GBP feed which is failing and of the couple of GBP transactions we have done, the outgoing is showing up on the euro account within quickfile. It is almost as if QF cant differentiate between the two accounts, so just shuts down one of the feeds?

Hi @Burbuila I started the other post before Christmas with the same issues and despite help from @rhc and @QFSian still can’t get it to work. I even tried deleting the euro account and setting it up again. It says the feeds are active but I either get nothing or GBP values in the Euro account as Euros. After you scan the qr code (which it only wants done on the first linkup) there is an option to select the account on the starling app which I tried to no avail. I also made sure I selected the relevant account in the drop down box in QF as the last step each time. I assume you deciphered the sort and account numbers from your Euro IBAN to put into the QF fields or did you duplicate the GBP account info (I haven’t tried that yet).

It’s very frustrating. I haven’t had time to follow up on it yet with QF: I’m extremely computer literate but this has got me stumped and I’d like to find a solution rather than switch banks. Post here if u have any success.

Hi @2sheds

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having issues with this. I’ve just checked and it looks like we were waiting for you to come back to us regarding this. If you want to reply to the private message, we can certainly continue to look at this for you.

@Burbuila - I’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you, so we can take a closer look at this.

1 Like

Hi Matthew, I’m having a very similar issue. I only started using the banking tool and connected my QF to our Revolut accounts. We work with international companies so our invoices vary from GBP/EUR/USD. I always select to right currency however in my Bank Management Page everything I’ve logged before connecting to our bank looks like they’re in a GBP account. I couldn’t find a way to correct this. Can you please help?

Hi,
At the time you created your bank account, did you select the (right) currency?

Yes. They’re all correct. But all my previous logs before connecting my bank (sales and purchases) look like they’re in the GBP account. When some of them should be in the USD.

Is it possible that you posted those transaction to the wrong account? Did you upload the bank statements or did you enter the transactions manually?

I did everything manually until last week. When I connected my QF to my bank account, I realized everything had been ending up in the same account even though I was choosing different currencies. Is there a way to sort months of purchases and invoices to correct accounts?

Selecting only the currency isn’t enough, you have also to select the account from which the invoice was paid or in which the payment from your customer arrived.
You may have to delete all transactions and upload the statements again to the right account and tag all transactions to the relevant invoices. But you should may wait until tomorrow when the support team is back, maybe they have a better and easier solution for this.
Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

Can someone from the support team help please?

Hi @Necdet

We’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.