Duplicate bank entry

HI I have accidentally uploaded the same debit to the bank twice , I know I should be able to delete one of them and I have tried to do so over and over , but although the system says deleting it is still there . This means my balance is not correct can you message me an d help please thanks

You should be able to delete one of them, maybe refresh the page and then try again. Is the entry untagged or tagged (and if tagged, what is it tagged as)?

The only cases I can think where a bank entry would be locked such that it can’t be deleted would be if it’s locked by a year end or a VAT return, if you tagged it as wages and haven’t set “post net wages to balance sheet only”, or if you’ve tagged “something not on the list” and split it across more than one code (the latter two situations create a journal in the background and you have to delete the journal to get rid of the transaction).

I have tried several times over 2-3 days to try and delete either or both, its not tagged and its not locked it only from 2nd dec and I its skewing my credit balance by quite a bit

there are no journals after March 19

There are no journals after march 2019 but I have found the two transactions in the suspense account but I cant delete that either

Can someone please get back to me to resolve this , when I uploaded the bank statement despite ticking the box to avoid duplicates there is a duplicate debit showing on on the quickfile balance , its not a small one either
I cannot delete , I get a pink banner saying it couldnt be deleted , it only occurred on friday 19th Dec so is not in a locked period and is not tagged either
I have searched and found it in the suspense account I cant delete it at all
please advise

Hi Joy,

Did you may lock it by accident?
Are you the account holder or are you a “Team Member” and may don’t have the “rights” to delete something?

Hi I am the account holder so have full rights I definitely have not locked anything the first and only thing I did was try to delete it , Ian had suggested I looked in journals and I can see both entries in the suspense account I just need one of them deleted so I can tag the other

This looks to me like it’ll need someone who works for QuickFile to take a look from the back end. I can’t suggest anything more without being able to look at your account myself.

@QFSupport any ideas?

@Joy - Let me send you a private message and we can take a look here.

Please do Matthew I definitely need to sort this out

Thanks Matthew not sure if you have PM me yet but if so I have not received it , , am sure you are realy busy so just message me privately when you can as I am keen to sort this out

thanks Joy

Hi @Joy

I sent the PM just after posting above. You should see a green notification in the top right corner.

If not, click on your avatar (“J” in your case), and click on the little envelope icon. You should see the PM there.