Duplicate Bank Feed Transactions

Hi, we’ve been using the bank feeds for a few years now, with no problems. On the 12th April, we started receiving duplicates. They manifest as follows:

On the same day (ie, date = today), we receive into our QF bank account, via the feed, transactions with a short reference.
The next day, we receive the same/duplicate transaction but with a longer reference.

I’m then having to go back and delete the earlier transaction (I’ve chosen to delete the earlier versions because they seems less comprehensive in terms of the bank reference detail).

Is this a bank-feed error - or does it relate to a setting etc? It’s inconvenient and I also have a team who do tagging etc - so I’m also having to do some untagging etc.

It’s nothing to do with user activity! If we were to do nothing, and do no tagging or interaction at all, then the duplicates will turn up the next day. Help requested please.

Thank you.

Which bank? And is it all transactions or just specific types (card payments, bacs transfers, etc.)?

Yes - good question and sorry I missed that info. Natwest. And it seems to affect payments in from clients, via Bacs.

Thanks

I have spotted a few duplicates on Natwest too

Hello all

Our initial findings show that NatWest appear to have provided the same transaction on two different dates with different narratives. This makes it difficult to determine if the transactions are unique or identical. We will do some further investigation and provide an update shortly.

We’ve identified a change to the way NatWest present transactions in their data feed. We’ve just now deployed a fix which should address the issue of duplicates going forward. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and would advise you to delete any duplicates you may have. We’ll leave this thread open for a week or so just to make sure everything is as it should be.

Hi Steve,

That’s great news - thank you. I saw your earlier email and was going to respond - it’s slightly problematic to screenshot an example because the bank references contain people’s names and 1st line of address. So I was getting into GDPR territory! But sounds like your fix is promising. I’ll confirm early next week on this thread whether it’s resolved etc.

Thanks again
Chris

Just a quick update to say it all seems fine now - many thanks for the prompt support.

Regards
Chris

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.