Duplicate Recurring Invoices

Good morning
It seems that our recurring invoices have all been duplicated today as well as duplicate DD’s set up?! Please can someone get back to me as soon as possible!

@Katcarrick please see above

Hi, We have a number of recurring invoice templates set up and today it has raised two invoices for each client.

Can you please advise why this is as now our clients have been billed twice which doesn’t look very good.

I have merged these threads to keep them together.

We have had a few reports of this happening today.

The development team are currently looking into it

Any update ? We are getting customers cancelling mandates now as they are worried - we need this resolved asap before it impacts our business any further. Its the 2nd critical issue we have had with QF and DD in the last fortnight and we are also concerned.

Can you please advise asap ?

Kat

We have automatic customer invoicing set up, today it sent duplicate invoices to the same supplier with different invoice numbers, how do I stop this happening again?

Ooops Please merge with “Dulpicate Recurring Invoices”

Hi Steve
I have gone through all the duplicate invoices and cancelled them in GoCardless as our customers were getting worried they would be charged twice - i will also do the same in Quickfile.

Yes, we have the same issue. All of todays recurring invoices have duplicated

Thank you all for your patience with this. We did identify an issue which affects a small number of accounts.

All duplicates will be removed by the end of today, and any related direct debit requests will also be cancelled.

We will keep you posted with any updates.

Hi Mathew,

When you say removed, are you going to just delete them? Worried this will cause an issue especially if customers want credit notes to reverse incorrectly issued invoices…

Hi Matthew please dont do anything with ours i have already done it. Can you please confirm this has been fixed and wont happen tomorrow?

If you’ve already done it, nothing will be done. It’s only if the duplicates are in place by the end of today.

@Storage - I’m just getting clarification on this and either myself or a colleague will come back to you shortly.

Matthew - this is our 2nd major issue in 2 weeks, can you advise if there is something wrong with the way our account is set up ? I need to have some confidence that we aren’t going to have more issues going forward - can you explain what the issue was here ? thanks Kat

Hi @Katcarrick

Our team will be in touch with you directly to discuss any specifics regarding your account - please keep an eye out for a private message relating to this.

Please rest assured, however, that reliability is a top priority for our team and we continue to focus on this and ensuring our platform is robust.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused here. Regrettably a deployment we made late last night resulted in a specific condition whereby a second invoice was generated on some recurring invoices scheduled for this morning. Once this issue was detected by our development team we immediately rolled back the deployment.

We have since removed any duplicate invoices and will focus on improving our own fault detection here to prevent any recurrence. Once again I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks Mathew, email received, a soft delete should work well. Safe to assume it wont happen again tomorrow or should i pause recurring invoices for now?
Many thanks
Clara

Please rest assured it will not happen again tomorrow so no need to “pause recurring invoices for now”.

Lovely, thanks for letting me know

Hi
We also have already issued credit notes, provided it does not happen again we are fine.
No DDs were dulplicated.
As the invoices have a different number, for vat purposes, surely credit notes are the way to go.