Duplicate transactions, cannot delete

My bank feed (sterling, cater allen) seems to be adding duplicates of some (randomly) transactions, and some of the duplicates I cannot even manually delete. I get an error:
Some transactions could not be deleted.

Honestly I think the bank feeds are so broken as to be worse than useless at this point. is this a known bug?

Hi @Cliff_Harris,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your bank feeds. When you say you can’t delete some of them and you see an error, what is the error?

“Some transactions could not be deleted.”

Are those transactions tagged and if so what as? There are certain types of tag that create a journal in the background (“something not on the list” split over more than one code, and wage payments where you haven’t set “post net wages to balance sheet only”) so to delete the transactions you have to delete the journal. I believe cross-currency payments may also be like this, you have to delete the “payment” record rather than the bank transaction.

1 Like

These are payments out of my sterling account. the problem is not just i cant delete them (I cant) but they shouldn’t even be there. This is pointless. I’m deleting these bank feeds and going back to using my old bank statements. This feature doesn’t work and has wasted my time.

Please just FIX this bugged mess, or delete my account and refund me the last payment. Im past caring about this broken mess. Programming is not this hard.

please delete this payment, even if someone has to learn some SQL: Visa Sale FACEBK 3BFJHV 1565 fb.meads IE 480259139585431 15.09.2020
I’ve deleted the bank feeds. I wont ever attempt to use them again. waste of my time.

@Cliff_Harris - I’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you.

It sounds like these transactions were tagged from the auto-tagging rules. Personally, I prefer using the “Confirm” method, just to be sure everything is all good.

It’s also worth enabling the balance check on the account which would flag up any issues too.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.