EC Sales submission to HMRC failed

In May '18 I reported this problem. Unfortunately I have not found an option to test the credentials.
Now when filing VAT return I had again an EC sales invoice.
Still the same problem. Reentered HMRC credentials. Checked branch and post code in the VAT settings.
To me they look the same as for VAT submission, which works fine.
What can I do?

Hi @fich

Can I just check, if you log into your HMRC account directly (through their website with the same credentials), you have the option of submitting an ECSL there?

Hi Mathew, thanks for looking into the matter.
HMRC is ok, as I submitted my ECSL manually.

Anything else I could try to do in order make ECSL submission to work next time?

Hi @fich

Providing you use the same login for ECSL as you do for the VAT return, you should be able to submit it all OK through your account.

If you could double check your HMRC account as it’s not uncommon to have multiple accounts across the various services. If you do encounter the error again, please let us know what error you’re seeing, as this will help us hopefully resolve it for you.

Hi,
I’m seeing this same error. VAT return submitted OK but EC sales list fails. I can log in to HMRC and manually enter the EC Sales list but want to submit digitally. I can’t see any differences in the credentials stored in Quickfile and those I entered to log in to HMRC.
Any ideas yet how to resolve this?

Hi @m3uaMartin,

Have you made sure that the tick box has been selected for enabling the online EC Filing?

I have. All settings seem to be OK in Quickfile.

I will send you a private message to see if we can help you :slight_smile:

Hi Beth,
it is time to submit a VAT return.
I do also have an ecsl invoice.
Login’s are identical, password is copied from VAT to ecsl.
Shall I proceed or would somebody like to check before and after?

Hi @fich

You’re welcome to try it if you wish. If you’re using MTD for the VAT return, it’s worth checking the ECSL settings are all still set up in the VAT settings area of your account.

If you do see any errors or need any help, please don’t hesitate to let us know

Hi Mathew,
Too late to switch to MTD due to busy submission period at HMRC.
Had to submit ECSL manually.
Will try again with MTD activated.
Thanks

I’m getting the following error when trying to submit an ECSL:

Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service.

This is the first time trying to use Quickfile to submit my VAT returns. I have the ECSL access enabled on my account and I’ve provided the correct credentials (Gateway ID and password)… please advise!

Hi @Halo3,

I have sent you a private message to ask for some further information

1 Like

Hi Beth

I am also facing troubles submitting the EC Sales list on my account.

I have submitted the VAT Return with no issue the our HM account shows we have the permissions to submit it and the passwords are identical please can you advise how we can fix this as currently they are mailing us the EC Sales list which we are having to manually complete in the post.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.