EDF Refund on a live feed

Hi there, I’ve checked the topics and can’t find a new answer to my query, hence the post.

On the 2nd Nov 2023 EDF took £121 out of my account. On the 7th November 2023 they refunded me £132. In very simple, step by step instructions, could some one please tell me how I put this through. The bank account I use has live feeds. I can’t credit it to the £121 amount as Quickfile tells me there is no invoice matching the £132 amount. Thank you in advance. Drew.

Hello @Drew2

Its a difficult one as there are no invoices and the payment/refund amounts do not match.

Although its not ideal, you can do the below to balance the accounts.

• Click Tag me on the £121 payment
  • Payment to a supplier
  • Select your EDF account
  • Select Pay down multiple invoices or assign to a supplier account
  • Select Payment on account (Assign later)
  • Save

• Purchases > View Payments
  • View the Details of the £121 payment
  • Refund Balance
  • Raise a manual credit for the £11 difference
  • Refund the credit note

• Delete the untagged refund for £132 in the bank as to not double up the transactions.

Hi Steve, thank you for the response. There is an invoice which is set up monthly at £55. EDF decided to up it to £121 per month, I declined this twice on their system but they took the money anyhow. I had a moan at them, they refunded £132 as my contract was coming to an end. Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my original message.

Hello @Drew2

Just to clarify

• You have a untagged Money out transaction on your bank for £121
  • You have a untagged Money In transaction on your bank for £132
  • Are there any outstanding invoice on the account?

Yes that is correct. I also have a purchase invoice for £121 for EDF but as the amount is different to the Money in transaction of £132 I can’t assign the £121 against this.
What I have done is paid the purchase invoice of £121 and then did a credit note for £121. I then credited the previous months invoice of £55 with a credit not of £11 and deleted the bank feed refund of £132.
I didn’t realise I could delete bank feed amounts. I thought they would just keep on coming back everytime I logged back in to Quickfile.

Why can’t we select multiple invoices to pay a refund which would make it a lot easier. I think this was asked in 2020 and something was going to be done, but I presume hasn’t yet?

Hello @Drew2

I didn’t realise I could delete bank feed amounts. I thought they would just keep on coming back everytime I logged back in to Quickfile.

After a few days the feed would not reimport missing transactions (unless its forced to)

Why can’t we select multiple invoices to pay a refund which would make it a lot easier. I think this was asked in 2020 and something was going to be done, but I presume hasn’t yet?

There’s not an easy way to implement this at present and would involve a large piece of work to re vamp the whole allocation process. Resources are currently allocated elsewhere at the moment.

Ok, thank you Steve.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.