Editing bank feed references causes duplicate entries

New to QF. So I’ve set up an HSBC bank feed. Yesterday I saw there were a few PayPal payments, all with the same “PAYPAL PAYMENT” reference. So I went ahead and edited them by appending a couple of words to identify the supplier. For example,

PAYPAL PAYMENT - Supplier 1
PAYPAL PAYMENT - Supplier 2

etc. Today those exact entries have been brought in by the feed again. So they appear as duplicates but with the original “PAYPAL PAYMENT” reference. I’m assuming that’s happening because it thinks those entries have not been brought in yet because I edited the reference, and it no longer match what’s on the bank feed.

Any way I can get round this? I’d like to be able to amend the bank feed entries so it’s clear what the payments are for.

Thanks.

Hello @snowmoon

The HSBC feed matches based on date/Amount and reference.
After a few days it will not import the entries again so it would be ok to amend the references.

In the interim you can just delete the duplicate imports

1 Like

Hi,
In addition to Steve, as far as I know I think there is a option under settings where you can set a time frame of how far quickfile is looking backwards for missing entries.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.