Email Invoices Not Being Read

Hi Everyone,

We’re having a problem with invoices not being read by the client. I’ve been in the accounts today and noticed that 90% of the invoices we’ve sent have not been viewed by the client. In otherwords, the little green ‘read’ icons are all still grey. They’re just not using the links in the email.

This problem has been going on for ages now. Quick File used to have an all inclusive ‘attach PDF’ option, now this has been made harder to use and must be toggled per client.

SMTP is set up correctly and all accounting emails are being sent through a Gmail account and are not being bounced back.

All I can think is that they’re being tagged as spam or rotting in the clients Junk folder. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

It just makes the whole thing redundant. We’re going to have to start sending emails with PDF’s attached independent of Quick File just to make sure clients are getting invoices.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

Hello @JonathanDbK

The read option is triggered by an image being loaded by the email client - this isn’t always reliable (e.g. the image being blocked, or the image loaded when the email is received as part of a virus scan), so keep this in mind and use it as a guide.

Quick File used to have an all inclusive ‘attach PDF’ option, now this has been made harder to use and must be toggled per client.

There has been no changes to the these settings It has always been the case that it is a client specific setting.

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/why-cant-i-send-an-invoice-as-a-pdf/8900

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

My apologies, I must have been mistaken regarding the PDF setting. However, this doesn’t negate the fact that a ‘…major benefit of invoicing in QuickFile’ might only work some of the time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Jonathan.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.