Emailing Multiple PDF Invoices or one multipage PDF

Hi

1. Has there been any new thought on allowing multiple pdf invoices to be sent to a client in one email, I believe our test email has just been blocked because its received to many consecutive emails( 3 in a row) in stead of one email containing the PDF’s, however I need to contact our admin to find out if this is the case for the email not arriving.

2. I also note you offer a print multiple invoice option that sends you a 3 page PDF of 3 invoices for example, can this be set up to actually be the attached PDF to the client?
    i.e. to send the client multiple invoices your system generates one multipage PDF?

3. Also where do I find an email log to show me what has been sent and its status, i.e. failed, blocked, read, etc?

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

Generally, generating a PDF can put a bit of a strain on the servers (imagine 100s of users doing this at the same time), so if you’re sending multiple invoices, we recommend sending a login link to your client area. If you send an invoice by email, your client will be able to log in directly through that link and view all invoices and estimates. This also has the benefit of allowing you to track when an invoice has been viewed (handy for those clients who “never received it”)

I think at this stage, this is something that’s unlikely to change.

This isn’t something that’s supported at present, but we can certainly consider this as future development - you’re welcome to start a new Feature Request request for this if you wish.

We keep a log of all emails for 6 months. If you have a Power User Subscription, you can go to Account Settings >> All Settings >> Sent Email Log to view this.

There are more details on this here: New email sent log

Hi Mathew
Thanks for quick response.

No problem, understand this, however little difficult sometimes telling a multinational corporate to use a login link to our dashboard as conversely they have 100’s of suppliers to deal with.

Will do :+1:

“We keep a log of all emails for 6 months. If you have a Power User Subscription, you can go to Account Settings >> All Settings >> Sent Email Log to view this.”

Note to other users, as well as being a Power User, you will only see this if you are logged in as your administrator account, it does not show as a user.

Have just checked the Log,

We sent one ticked invoice.
It shows one email sent invoice, and that was received,
We then ticked two invoices and sent
If shows two emails sent at the same time, but neither was received?

Cheers
Chris

Once the email leaves our server we have no control over it. If it’s showing as “SENT”, as far as we can tell, it’s been successful.

It’s worth checking the client details too to see if there have been any bounces since the email was sent (see here for info: Email Complaints and Bounces). It’s worth noting however, if you use your own SMTP server, we’re not able to track them in this way.

If everything looks good, your client’s mail server may be discarding them without any warning.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.