Entering payment into locked financial period

Hi - one of my purchase invoices is showing as unpaid, although it was paid by credit card. When I go in to try and log the payment to the credit card, it tells me I can’t enter payments into a locked financial period. If I just entered the payment as today’s date, that would show the invoice as paid, I suppose, but the record on the credit card statement would be awry. Any advice?
Thanks.

Hello @Softley

I can see on your account (linked to this email) there is no year end journal for 31/08/2022.

As this is the case you can move the lock date on the account back 1 year in Account Settings > All Settings > Account Lock Date

This will allow you to post your payment.

Yes, thanks for that Steve. I’ve done as you suggested and that particular issue is now resolved. Not sure why there is no year end journal for that year. There is for the year before and there is another similar issue in that year too – it seems to suggest that I can deal with that one in a similar fashion by first deleting the year end journal for the year ended 31/08/2021, but I’m not sure what the consequences are of that.

This all relates to credit card payments, and has arisen as I’ve been trying to clean up the Quick File credit card account. I know the credit card is fully paid up as it’s paid up each month by direct debit automatically, but the Quick file balance doesn’t reflect this and, although there are a couple of issues like those mentioned, they don’t explain why the QF balances on the credit card account and the actual credit card statements don’t tally.

~WRD0003.jpg

By removing the journal and entering transactions you are adjusting the figures for that year which would then not tally with what you have submitted to HMRC.

This all relates to credit card payments, and has arisen as I’ve been trying to clean up the Quick File credit card account. I know the credit card is fully paid up as it’s paid up each month by direct debit automatically, but the Quick file balance doesn’t reflect this and, although there are a couple of issues like those mentioned, they don’t explain why the QF balances on the credit card account and the actual credit card statements don’t tally.

You could enter an adjusting transaction in your current year to account for the difference as to not affect previous years.

You are better off seeking advice from your accountant as they will be able to give you professional, tailored advice on this matter.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.