Expense category for cast and crew catering on theatre productions

It’s commonplace in the industry for film and theatre productions to provide catering to the cast and crew.

What are the HMRC rules for this in terms of accounting and how should this be categorised?

We run outdoor theatre productions and often need to feed our cast and crew after a show since we’re performing in locations without ready access to food. How can we account for this?

TIA Bear

Do you have an accountant? If so it would be best to refer to them.

Once they have gave an answer we can explain how to implement it from the accounting point of view. But the question is tax related and should be directed to youre accountant.

Thanks I’ll ask them :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.