Fees and commission

Hi…A couple of questions:

1…I pay a fee to hang my work at an exhibition, what do I put this under?

2…I was paid for my sales by the Art Society who organised the exhibition, less commission. Do I need to show the commission, if so how, or can I just show the final amount being paid to me.

Many thanks for your help

1 , will be advertising
2, sales will be gross and record commission separate. Bank will have gross money in and commission amount out to have net effect e,.g gross invoice 100, commission 5 , bank would show 100 in, 5 out , net effect 95

Thank you for your help.
How do I record the commission? Does it just go under expenses?

Sorry think I just found it. NC 6100 Sales Commission. Does that cover it?

Yes that will do, you can always create new codes under Reports>Chart of Accounts

Thank you very much for your help

I think I have made a hash of entering this commission :frowning:

1…I entered a bank transaction from my bank statement previously as they paid by BACS without an invoice. ( I do this all manually, not by bank feed) Entry was for the amount minus commission .

2…I created a sales invoice for the full amount of sales before commission.

3…I then created a purchase invoice to the same company for just the commission.

4…I tagged the bank entry ( amount minus commission) which has left me with the original invoice partially paid and the outstanding amount of commission .

What do I do now with the outstanding purchase invoice of commission. …HELP

I have detailed the tag on the bank entry so I am back with the original amount outstanding on both invoices and a bank entry for the amount minus commission. Should I have entered the end amount on the bank entry?