Filing VAT Return issues

Hello,

I am trying to file our VAT return electronically with HMRC. We are set up fro MTD and authorised Quickfile on our HMRC page on Monday. I have been trying to file the return since Tuesday and all I get is the following message.

‘you are not yet authorised to view this report for *******. Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected to the corresponding HMRC tax account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow for 24 hrs for HMRC systems to update’

Can anyone offer any assistance?

When did you register for MTD on the HMRC side? If it was within the last few days, have you received the final confirmation email from them? It can take several days to arrive at busy times when a lot of people are registering at once (now will be one of the worst times unfortunately, as it’s just before the first MTD return deadline for any business on the Feb/May/Aug/Nov cycle of quarter end dates).

We registered about 2 weeks ago and received a confirmation email on the 27th September.

In that case the next thing to check is the “corresponding” tax account - do you have more than one account on the government gateway (e.g. one for personal self assessment and another for corporate taxes)? Disconnect your current tax account from the QuickFile side, make sure you’re completely logged out from gov.uk and then go through the connection process again, other people have reported that this helps.

1 Like

Thanks Ian I will give this a go

I have just done this and will see what it is showing as tomorrow

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.