Fixed assets schedule

Thanks Glenn, think I’m just going to delete them. through depreciation they are no longer assets so shouldn’t feature in the accounts this time anyway.

Actually Glen, looking at the Journal Opening Balances 2014/15 - Assets have I done the debits/credits the wrong way round then?

Any news at all on having a fixed asset register? This would be so useful for calculating depreciation. Thanks

I’m afraid it’s not something we’re currently looking at right now. I will update the thread should there be any movement here, but it’s not likely to be something we can implement in the first half of 2016 with our current commitments.

1 Like

pretty please :persevere:

is there any update on this? Thanks

Hello @Sameera

There isn’t an update here I’m afraid.

We actively update any relevant threads with updates as and when they happen. Providing your settings are set to “Tracking” or “Watching” on the relevant thread, you will receive an email when someone posts.

Hi,
I would like add my name to the list to get this feature. Thanks

2 Likes

hi @rhc,

If add your vote at the top of the thread this will register your interest :slight_smile: I believe this feature is also under consideration

1 Like

it will be good if members/users were notified that there is a voting process/button now at the top.
I only know about it as this thread has been reactivated by RHC’s post.

This feature has been under consideration for a V long time … 5 years?!
such essential feature yet I am surprised QF has not added it yet.:sob:

2 Likes

I voted for it and hope the feature is coming soon

2 Likes

for those who may have missed this feature request, please vote for it if you feel you need it, thanks

Hello QF, can I please check if anything at all is being done for this feature. If not then, I should really stop hoping for it. It will be 6 years in May 2020. :astonished: :tired_face:

Hi @Sameera

This isn’t something that’s planned at the moment, but we will be sure to update you here if anything changes.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Forum feature voting limits

raising awareness for this feature :wink:

2 Likes

Just posted the following in another thread… Would definitely like to see this feature…

In QF is there any way of itemising specific assets above and beyond just posting to a nominal code.

I know in the past when we have used Sage, say we post purchases to a Nominal Code such as plant and machinery, we could assign a specific code to that asset and then view the entire asset list at any given point in time by going back into that nominal code.

So let say I had a trailer hire business and had 25 different trailers, and 5 different tool kits and 5 generators, is there any way I can assign unique reference code (i.e Trailer 001, Trailer 002, Toolkit 001, Toolkit 002, Generator 003A, Generator 004A etc…) to identify those assets and then furthermore, upon journaling the year end to include deprecation, see the actual value of those specific assets ’ Plant & Machinery’ to see the actual book value at a given point in time.

Many thanks in advance. Really appreciate your thoughts.

1 Like

To keep track of assets if you give them an asset reference as you suggested Trailers ABT01, ABT02, etc. in the purchase receipt.

Go to the nominal ledger “0020 Plant and Machinery” and include the asset references for future.

End of year process would include one other journal prior to running the “End of Year” journal…“Depreciation of assets journal” for each tracked assets a seperate line in the journal with your asset code and description.

When an asset is disposed of a balancing of the two nominal ledgers would be easily found and both accounts are returned to zero and the balance is posted to “Sale of Assets”.

I have come across a cloud-based asset management tool that is free to use for up to 250 assets…:us: based in Brooklyn, New York

Loads still to learn on how the system will benefit managing assets; a particular area of our work that we are attempting to keep track of are LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998) assets as there is a necessity to do regular safety audits. AssetTiger provides quite a selection of reporting with options for automation and custom reports.

The phone app that accompanies the desktop version is simple to use…scan barcodes, add photos to each asset record and much more.

Hi. Is this a possibility yet?
I used to use Manager and they had a Fixed Assets Register complete with depreciation calculator and depreciation posting… It’s not an unusual thing and I’m now considering going back to using them rather than Quickfile because it’s such an important feature to be entirely ignored.