Flat Rate VAT reduced to zero for Covid

As Quickfile will not allow the flat rate scheme setting to be changed to Zero % ( i run a B&B which has a temporary flat rate of 0% due to covid and is ongoing ) when I ran my first VAT return at end of Dec I did a manual adjustment on the QF generated vat return to reduce the Vat payable to zero and submitted it via MTD.
Now having checked the Trial Balance I see the system has put the manual adjustment as a negative on the Profit and loss ( code 4999 ) and reduced the turnover and as a credit under ( code 2204 Manual adjustments ) assets and liabilities.
Have I done this correctly and should the manual adjustment reduce my turnover ?

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) the VAT flat rate for Hotel or accommodation has been reduced to 0% from 15 July 2020 to 31 March 2021.

Although, the minimum VAT flat rate % that can be entered on Quick File is 1%, you will therefore need to make the following adjustments when filing your VAT return, as shown in the example below:

In this example we have a sales of £1,000.00 + VAT during the VAT return period, which needs to be adjusted from 1% to 0% on the VAT return:

Step 1 - Adjust the VAT Return as follows:

In this example, the 1% Flat Rate VAT (FRV) calculated in box 1 of £12.00 has been adjusted to 0% FRV by entering -12.00 as shown in the example below:

Step 2 - Enter the following corresponding journal:

We now need to journal out the above VAT adjustment, by entering a journal (Reports >> Journal) as shown below:

The VAT return and Chart of Account have now been adjusted to 0% FRV and are both correct, as shown below:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.