Foreign currency transactions bank linking

My company has a $20/mo subscription to a service, which is in QuickFile as a recurring purchase, but is also picked up by the bank tagging rules. Trouble is, our bank account is in GBP, so the tagging rules pick up a GBP payment, and as far as I can tell there’s no way to match that easily to the $20 invoice - I have to delete the automatically imported bank transaction, and then readd it as a payment on the invoice with the currency conversion options set.

If this could be streamlined, that would be very useful. Having an option to manually browse for invoices to link the payment to would work.

I don’t know how QF handled currency conversion but surely bank tagging isn’t going to work regardless because the exchange rate changes daily? Meaning what your bank shows as a payment will differ day to day for the same usd amount wouldn’t it?

Well, you could have bank tagging rules working as “link this to this recurring invoice, and anything with this description that’s auto imported from the bank will be to pay off the latest installment of this recurring bill” - but that’s not what I’m looking for here (sorry if I wasn’t clear!)

All I want to do is to be able to click the “untagged” button, and link a bank payment from there to an invoice in another currency. The conversion factor is then a matter of fact rather than speculation, as I tell the system that the invoice has been paid off by that payment.