General VAT queries

Hi,

Now you might think I am a bit cheeky by reaching out on this community, but I am struggling with some a basic VAT query. Have tired to get through to HMRC, what a pain. Had a read on gov.uk but could not find a conclusive answer to this query.

I am currently running a start-up business and struggling with some VAT related queries. Hope you guys can help me or refer me to the right bits of information. Maybe good to understand I am running a small IT business that only has seen the light earlier this year. I am selling services as in software development resource.

Here we go:

I am about to raise an invoice for a EU (NL) customer. Selling services to another business in the EU, do I need to charge VAT and therefore need a VAT registration?

Kind regards,

Mark van den Hurk

Unfortunately, it’s nothing to do with QF as software, best seek pro advice from the accountant of your choice

1 Like

Hi @MarkvdH,

As @FaradayKeynes has said you are best to speak to an accountant regarding this, once you have found the answers we would be happy to help if you need advice on how to relate the advice to QuickFile

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.