Generating Invoice PDF - the file doesn't load (Microsoft Edge)

Hello,

I am trying to print an invoice in pdf format but it is taking a very long time to load. I wonder if there were any suggestions?

Thanks

Vicky

Hi @opengenius

What web browser are you using? Some browsers try to load the PDF in a tab itself.
Do you see any error messages at all? Is it with specific files or any PDF file?

You may find it that downloading it (right clicking the file, download) and then opening with Adobe itself would fix the issue as it forces it to use a different PDF package.

I am using internet explorer and have been ever since I have been using Quickfiles. I appears to be with just pdf on Quickfiles as I have printed other pdfs this morning without any problem.

I don’t see any error messages on the screen it is just taking a long time to load.

I will try the right click option to see if that works

The right click option allows me to print to pdf but it is as it appears on screen with all the menu options. I need it to be in proper invoice format.

Are you able to try another browser at all, like FireFox or Google Chrome?

Hello,

I am in another browser now and it is working fine. Thank you!

1 Like

I had this in Chrome. However for me it was a Chrome bug. The form had been created and saved but Chrome’s ‘I’m doing something circle’ was still going round and round and round.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

if I click on invoice print it goes to generating invoice page but nothing happens exept wheels turning please help! thanks john

Hi @jmlfairhead

Are you by any chance using Internet Explorer? Does the PDF normally load in your browser or does it download it for you?

Hi, I am trying to print out copies of invoices. I have tried printing in the last 24 hours, but the system just continuously says ‘generating invoice’ but does nothing.

Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to resolve it?

Hi @REABrixton

What web browser are you using? Does the PDF normally load in the browser for you, or does it download it?

Hi
Internet Explorer, which is what it automatically opens on.

I have just seen a similar post further down, so will see if I can open Quickfile on Google Chrome.

@REABrixton - I’ve merged your post into the existing topic to keep everything together for other users with the same issue.

There does appear to be an issue with Internet Explorer and Edge when opening PDF files - we’ll take a look into this and post any updates to our status page:

quickfile said there is update to fix invoice generation problem with internet explorer how do i find/download update? thanks john

@jmlfairhead - I’ve merged your post back into the original topic. Please see the link I posted above.

@opengenius @jmlfairhead @REABrixton

Just a quick update.

Microsoft applied a recent update to Edge that appears to have broken the redirect mechanism we were using when generating invoices and purchases. We have now applied a fix that should have resolved the issue.

I’ll leave this thread open for any further comment for the time being.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.