GO Cardless Direct Debit

Hi,

I am new to Go Cardless and i have just setup my first customer which i have integrated with Quickfile. The mandate info is added to the client and i have asked it to take payment automatically when the invoice is generated with a 0 day delay.

Am i correct in saying that this should take payment from my client the same day that the invoice is generated? Thats what i need to happen as i have an agreement that i take payment from them on the 1st of each month.

If this is not going to be the case can anyone suggest another way of setting this up?

Hi @sambates123,

The payment request can take 3 days from the date the invoice is generated. If you need the payment to be taken earlier then you would need to amend the recurring invoices slightly for the dates to fall in line.

According to GoCardless, payment is typically collected 2 working days after submission (unless you specify a delay, or it’s a new mandate):

Full details of the optimised collection time is provided below, but in summary:

• If a Direct Debit mandate is already in place, payment is collected 2 working days after submission, can be considered 99% confirmed 3 working days after submission, and 100% confirmed after 4 working days.
  • If a Direct Debit mandate needs to be created, payment is collected 4 working days after submission, can be considered 99% confirmed 5 working days after submission, and 100% confirmed after 6 working days.

Ok, thanks for that infomation.

I guess the other way would be to set this up directly with Go Cardless? but then i would loose the integration with Quickfile.

Hi @sambates123,

Yes, I believe that would be the other way to do it

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.