GoCardless Payouts masked if client also pays by bank transfer

Hello,

I’ve used gocardless for a number of years, but in the last two the sales have increased.

I had a client get in contact to say they’d paid via bank transfer in addition to me claiming the funds via GoCardless direct debit process.

As the bank transfer came in first (in the mountain of transactions) I tagged the bank transaction as a payment for the invoice. Later the GoCardless payout came in MINUS the value of this one invoice I’d tagged as paid already. This caused the GoCardless balance to drift out.

I’ve had a thorough review of the last 3 years and detected 3 more occurances of where this has happened - I found them purely because the invoice amounts were quite unique.

I know there are one or two more instances of this… but the invoice amounts are far from unique, so I cannot find the invoices where a double payment occured.

Has anyone got any ideas of other ways I can find the invoices and correct my clients double payments?

Thanks in advance, Stephen

Hello @EMBATreasurer

So just to clarify, has the client actually made a double payment in real life?

If so what will be happening to the extra funds? (refunded or assigned as prepayment to use on a later invoice)

1 Like

Thanks for the response Steve.

Yes - In real life they paid twice - once via direct debit and once via bank transfer.

The gocardless balance drifts out slowly as there wasn’t a specific incoming amount to the gocardless account.

Hello @EMBATreasurer

I have just had a look at your account.

Have your resolved this already?

If not please send me a private message with the some details relating to the client and the payments.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Handling double payments