Guide for creating spreadsheets for use with QuickFile

Hi, Totally new to all of this. I’ve created my qf account, linked my bank account. I wanted to add invoices for things I’ve purchased (no sales yet) and it asks for a csv file.
Is there a guide on how to create the various spreadsheets required when using Quickbooks?

Thank you.

Hi @Bath2Shower

Welcome to QuickFile! :slight_smile:

Is it just purchase invoices you’re looking to import into your account?
Can I also ask if you’re VAT registered?

Hi,
Yes, at the moment just purchase invoices from setting up the business and initial advertising.
We are not VAT registered.
Thanks

Perfect, thanks for coming back to me.

There are a few different columns you’d need. If you’re making the file manually, you would just need a few required fields, but there are some optional fields too.

A full list can be found here: Importing sales and purchase invoices

You can make this using something like Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or Open Office Calc, and save the file in CSV format.

If you’re exporting the data from another system, you should be able to open the CSV file in spreadsheet software, but the file may need a bit of formatting to fit the fields supported.

If you need any help, just let us know and we can start a private message to share the file etc.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this Mathew, I will be using google sheets and I’ll get back to if i run into any issues.

Appreciated :+1:t3:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.