Handelsbanken Bank Feed

Hi:

As far as I can see, QF doesn’t have a bank feed for Handelsbanken.

I see that HB has an open banking API, so I wonder if you’ve looked into using it?

I know that HB uses HSBC for its UK banking (40-nn-nn sort codes, etc), so may be that is a route?

It would be great to have this.

Paul

Hi @PenguinPaul

We don’t support Handelsbanken at the moment, but we’ll leave this thread open for other users to add their support for this.

If there’s enough support, we can certainly take a look at adding this.

Yes I would like a feed for Handelsbanken

I’m considering switching banks from HSBC to Handelsbanken but without bank feeds this would be an issue. I don’t want to be uploading CSV files every week. Is there a way to enable bank feeds through a third party perhaps?

No. Having to give your credentials to a third party is exactly what Open Banking is supposed to avoid. It’s how the old Yodlee feeds used to work, screen scraping your internet banking, but with PSD2 that’s no longer allowed (and was never a good idea from a security perspective in the first place!). With OB feeds the credentials pass from you direct to the bank, QuickFile just gets a limited token granting read only access to the list of transactions and nothing more.